Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Is this Florida? It has to be Florida."

-Beavis in episode one of the new season of Beavis and Butthead. That's right folks, it's back.

Once again it's been a long while since I've written. Here is a run down of what has happened:

Halloween here was alot of fun. At work we got to dress up like super heroes so at first I was Flo-riza (like Flo-rida the hip hop artist) and then my name was changed to Lariza flyin in the skyza because Kara calls me Lar-eye-za instead of Lar-e-za. So American. There were a ton of pictures taken at work so once they are posted I will put them up. The Snow White cape mom made me when I was the princess herself in either kindergarten or first grade paid off. Glad we are a family that saves everything because you never know when a cape will come in handy.

Of course I went to non Disney parties but since I normally spent my Halloweens watching residents make poor life choices in little clothing (unlike their usual weekends) I was fairly new at this costume buying and so I didn't go to the store looking for one until the weekend before. That was a bad decision because there wasn't much left besides a witch hat, a ketchup bottle costume, and a 3XL "sexy" nascar driver outfit. None of those seemed appealing so I went to parties as a 23 year old out of college girl having a great time in her life.

Food and Wine fest in Epcot has been amazing and I have eaten at every pavilion except for five. I've eaten a ton, drank enough, and somehow managed to loose my debit card there in the five weeks it's been going on. Probably the best experience I've had there so far was watching Boyz II Men three times in one day with some of my best friends, Lauren, Colleen, and Jackie. It was so much fun and although these boys are officially just men, they can still show the crowd a great time after all these years together.

This couple got engaged after they sang "On Bended Knee" talk about a magical moment 


Next show Lauren and I saw was Hanson which laugh all you want, they were very entertaining. I still don't know what an Mmbop is, but I do know that seeing my childhood crushes was a highlight of the year.
Ahhhhh! We <3 you Hanson

sad my pictures didn't come out too great :(

Where to even begin on the 3/4 Thornton Family visit. Not sure who was more excited- the family or Alicia because with a Disney vacation comes the video she for some reason enjoys watching so much. I ended up taking a few videos with one being the whole Splash Mountain ride including us going down the drop front row getting drenched. It was 75 degrees that day so I was very chilly and that ride didn't help.

Anyway, they arrived Tuesday night and left Saturday. Wednesday we went to Hollywood Studios and walked right on to every ride we wanted to. It was fantastic and this is for sure the best time of the year to go. Still t-shirt weather but the crowds are non existent in comparison to the summer. Only thing I wasn't a fan of was the christmas trees and music playing as you entered the park and on Hollywood Blvd. Little too early for my liking. After going on a few rides and seeing the American Idol experience auditions, we had dinner at the 50s Primetime diner which was a near restaurant with all your home cooked favorites. The waitresses make sure to tell you to keep you elbows off the table and to eat all your veggies so you can have dessert.
Rockin Roller Coaster. Dad wasn't ready for the picture

Toy Story Mania! 


Thursday we had a busy day and I'll be honest even I was tired after it was all done. We went to Animal Kingdom in the morning and got to see all the animal on the safari, including the Lions (oh my!), went on a few rides, saw where they keep the animals at night, and did some awkward dancing with the musicians. After we had our fair share of AK and mom loosing her ticket somehow, we jumped in the car and headed to Epcot.  I showed them the pools at Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach so they could see where I make the big bucks. They didn't really say if they liked it or not, but we will go with they liked it . After we headed into Epcot we got our food and wine on and stopped at almost every pavilion we came across. Colleen ended up meeting us and we continued our walk around the world until it was time to meet Lauren and go to  dinner in Morocco. The food there was delicious and we got out just in time to watch the firework show on our way out of the park. We walked out and headed to Jellyrolls since I figured i would give the parentals a peek at what we do here in our free time. Surprisingly they enjoyed it and somehow my dad got to pick a song for them to play and the piano player made a big deal out of our table even thinking Colleen, Lauren, and I were all sisters. Overall it was a fun night as it usually is there and we headed out around 12:30 am to go back to the hotel. O and if someone could please request  "Old time rock and roll"at the wedding it's my dad's favorite song and I know he would love to hear it.
Mom holding on to dear life as we strike a pose.  
Dad, his Queen, and his princess

Friday we were all pretty tired but we got up and went to Magic Kingdom. Once again we walked on pretty much every ride we wanted to go on and had a good day. Going around MK with them made me get deja vu of our trips when were were kids there and in matching outfits walking around the parks. That night we went to Citricos for dinner which was very good and a different meal we are used to in the park which usually consists of fries and a soda. After dinner I dropped the parents off at the hotel and went back to MK for the cast preview of the Christmas parade and show. Although I thought it was too early for Christmas music and ornaments it was a cold night and we were all freezing so it felt like Christmas morning. It was even snowing from the buildings! I'm very glad I had the opportunity to go to the preview with all my friends, it was a great way to end the week.  Speaking of Christmas, everyone is getting something Disney related so if you have a request let me know or if you like a certain character please tell me I hate guessing. That is all.
I wanna job for Christmas! 

Christmas Lights were so pretty 

Splash Mountain, me taking a video 

Patti ended up on the trip and I was a nice sister giving her a drink

Sad thing is they didn't know a picture was being taken. Look at the concentration!

On Saturday we went to the DVC preview center to just look around and hear about the offerings of the program and what it involved. Four hours later we were officially Disney Vacation Club members and now own "a piece of the magic." Sadly their vacation had to come to an end but I was happy they were able to check out where I work and enjoy running water and heat unlike at home.

Ah yes, and the class I told everyone I would be starting. I'm half way done with it and I've learned alot which is, well, the point and although sitting in a chair for two hours focusing on a power point and someone talking is tough, it's nice to actually use my brain for even just a few hours. In two weeks we are visiting the K9 unit which should be really neat.

Live from Disney! Here are some video clips from the vaca. 







The last 30 seconds or so of this video is us going down the mountain..we get wet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment