Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Captain Sarah at your service

Ahoy There! This is your Captain speaking, Captain Sarah that is. This morning at the bright and early hour I went to take my Florida boat license test. Did you know it is unsafe to drive your ski boat into anotherski boat? After seven long learning components on the computer in an office with chatty people discussing bad tv shows and office gossip, I was able to take the test and passed with an 85%. The whole process was supposed to take 8 hours but because I'm a nautical genius I got done in four and was able to clock out by 11:30 am. Friday I will be a first mate on the Pirate cruise we do (more details on that in a later post) and on Saturday I take my boat handling course where I get behind the wheel.

So I realized I haven't been too specific on how the pool parties go. At both the Y& B and Boardwalk resorts we start our pool side activities at 1 pm. They vary everyday and are at 1 pm, 2 pm, pool parties are at 3 or 3:30 depending on where you are for an hour, and more activities continue until 5:30. Across every higher end resort there is a script you must follow for the pool parities. Everyday it changes but the general gist is still there; there is a specific play list of songs and you must do the activities listed in order and in the time frame given. Some of the games we have are Mickey/Pluto (Marco, Polo), hot potato, water balloon tosses, and one of my favorites, when we take apart a Mr. Potato head and throw the parts in the pool and the kids have to recreate it in a relay race. I actually got into the pool the other day mostly because it was hot and second because I knew I would just get soaked anyway. After the pool party the other day we had a dance party (I am getting a lot better at the Miley Cyrus songs and rock the Cupid Shuffle) and played Name that Tune. It was fun because we didn't play Disney songs and the parents were having a blast since we mixed up the genres. My favorite was when this one little girl knew the theme song to "Sex and the City" without her mom's help and when this little boy kept yelling "The Beach Boys, Poconos!" instead of Kokomo. They make me laugh.

Only problem about being poolside all day is people watching. Normally this is not an issue for me since it is one of my favorite American past times but at the pool it is rough. We all need to write into TLC and ask Clinton and Stacey to do a "What Not to Wear" edition for water attire. It's terrible and I know for a fact there are mirrors in every resort room.

Days off here like I have a half day of today are sorta boring. Since we are all on different schedules as roommates we normally only see each other either before or after we head off to work. I have done the whole GTL cycle several times and now I realize why those kids from Jersey Shore aren't too quick to find real jobs. Sitting out by the pool with a book takes a lot out of you.

After work today I took a bunch of pictures of the resort but since my crapbook has run out of memory again for the second time in three months, I can't upload them to my computer. I hope to get them up by the end of the week for your visual pleasure.

You're welcome for the short blog. I am trying to get better at posting more frequently, but I'm sure I will have a lot to say on Friday's post after my long day of professional rescue class and my first pirate cruise.



5 comments:

  1. Clear the waterway! Secure the fireworks! Sarah's behind the wheel! No one in Epcot, Hollywood or the waterways in between is safe!

    PS, new book recommendation for you: "The Kingdom Keepers" pick it up in a Disney gift shop near you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, That was so Disney Speak! Now you just need to do the Disney Point and show me where the nearest book store is. It's really cool we have free libraries on property and in the housing areas where we can rent books, dvds, and games for free so I will see if they have it there!

    I have read 3 books so far all i do is read here when i'm off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah. I miss you. When you come back to Mason we are going to figure out a way to incorporate your new sailing skills into a program. I'm thinking a bus trip to Annapolis? :)
    I'm glad to hear you're having a great time and learning a lot!
    PS I don't know what I'm doing with these comments...obviously...Sorry for deleting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^Haha Lauren! too funny.
    Sarah!! I'm sooo glad I found your blogs. I get to finally experience Disney World. I can now live vicariously through you...and talk about on the job training!! Water boat license?! You've hit the jackpot!! I love the tinge of sarcasm that makes it you. Keep it up...i'm looking forward to the rest.

    ReplyDelete