Monday, December 12, 2011

Haven't forgotten about you all...

First off, I am sorry that I haven't written in almost a month. Life here is a fast moving roller coaster and the ride is almost over. I'll highlight some Ups and Downs of the past month

Up

I got to work a few shifts at Magic Kingdom which was really neat. One was tray filler at Peco's Bills and the other was 3 parade audience control shifts on Thanksgiving. They were both neat and let me tell you, NEVER EVER  go to MK on Thanksgiving. People are crazy. O and those turkey legs aren't really turkey.

Down
Since I worked 10 hours on Turkey day it didn't feel like a holiday at all. I had some frosted flakes for dinner along with chicken nuggets and that was my day. I was also yelled at by many guests and was called an idiot, moron, and stupid because I wouldn't let them stand in my no standing zone. I just smiled and said "Happy Holidays"

UP

the cruise was sooooo much fun! and so worth it. Although Lauren, Colleen, and I didn't feel entertained enough on our day at sea, the whole cruise in itself was a blast. Highlight was doing "Baby Got Back" kareoke and taking awkward photos. (Photos will be up shortly once I find my cord)

Down
I was DENIED my program extension even though in my eyes I am good at my job, had a good record card, and am pretty much awesome.  I had a pity party for myself because that was my back up plan and then decided to wait to hear back on a professional internship for housing, a job I did for 3 years in college, had a successful career in, and for a while wanted to make my future in. I didn't get the job and so now in January I am jobless.

UP
I got into graduate school! That's right, folks. I can't keep a job here that I am over qualified for but I can get into graduate school for my Masters of Science in Criminal Justice. It all happened randomly while I was on break one day but it worked out for the best and I am happy to be starting in January. It's all online so I can stay down here and do it or go home and use our pathetically slow internet.

Down
It's the final month of our program and I feel like it's gone by sooo fast. I haven't gotten to do all that I wanted, but I am trying to get it all done in case of the sad event I do leave in January. But to be honest, I don't want to leave at all just yet so if you don't see me right away in January, you know where to find me.....

Up
it was Lauren's birthday! We went to O'Hanas at the Polynesian and let me tell you, for someone who doesn't eat alot of meat, that was the BEST MEAL EVER. Hands down. You must try it if you are ever down here. They just keep bringing out food and making your tummy happy.

Down
The temperature down here. The other day it was 83. Next day, 62! what is up with that?!


Well folks, there you have it. The past month in a nut shell. I hope everyone is having a relaxing holiday season and I hope to see or hear from everyone soon. People ask me if I miss it at home and I do, I really do but I think staying down here is the best for my sanity. Maybe not forever, but for now.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, Turkey legs aren't really turkey? Please explain that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea.... I'd like to get the info on those fo-legs......

    ReplyDelete