Friday, August 12, 2011

"Live from Disney, It's SNL!"

No, that is not a new version of SNL, it is the name of mine and Lauren's Disney's Wine and Dine half marathon relay team name. the SNL stands for Sarah and Lauren for all you slower ones out there. Corny? yes. Cheesy? Absolutley. But it's very fitting for the two of us. I"m seeing Christopher Walken and  a cowbell on our shirts.  For the run, Lauren will run 4.8 miles from Animal Kingdom and we will meet somewhere near Hollywood Studios where I will run the remaining 8.3 miles to Epcot. As a team, we get t-shirts, a glass of beer when we cross the finish line, free entry to the after party, a $10 gift card, and my favorite, a commemorative  baton! The race is Oct 1 at 10 pm so we have alot of traning to do but we are excited it's something we can do together.
Zach and I after my run. I have a terrible camera phone

Besides working a storm the past week, I have also had a great time on my leisure time. I ate in Morocco which was amazing and on Saturday we all (recreation cast members) went out to the Dance hall on the Boardwalk which is normally only visited by 20 people a night but since there was a Vet School symposium at the Beach Club, many twenty-somethings were partying it up their last night at Disney. I was working gates that day so I gave a few of them their wrist bands to get into the pool. When I spotted them at the dance hall they were like "Omg you're the girl who gave us our bands thats so cool you have a life!" Why yes, I do. The dance hall was not bad especially since they have music videos playing but since i have a short attention span I'd sit there and just watch the videos instead of dancing or what us white girls call dancing.  Normally, I shove all my valuables down my shirt when out but tonight I decided to be classy and put my cards in my pocket. At about 1:30 am I pulled out my cards to make sure I had them all and realized I lost my debit card. Of course no one has a TD account down here so I had to call mom and ask her for the number. She didn't seem too annoyed and was probably just happy I wasn't calling wasted like last time. After getting the phone number to cancel the card I went back on the dance floor, pulled the cards out and realized they were just stuck together and all was fine with the world. Next time i'm carrying cash....

At 2 am the joint closes down. Disney makes sure the lights are on by 1:40 so you are literally cleared out by 1:50 and the doors are locked by 2. We all wanted to take a picture on the Boardwalk but security was yelling at us to keep it moving or they would take us downtown if we didn't cooperate. Could you imagine those headlines? "20 Disney employees arrested at their own resort for taking a picture past 2 am!" O the humanity. As we were walking to our cars I saw the Jelly Rolls piano players walking by and I yelled out that I loved them and thought they were awesome. Now before I start this story let me preface it by saying I was completley sober. Moving on.

The three piano players said thank you and kept walking. Me and my large mouth said to the one "OMG I gave you my number and a dollar when I was there on July 4th!" This poor kid is maybe my age and is ignoring me but the other two guy were interested in what I had to say. Here's how the convo went.

JRG (jelly rolls guys) O yeah you did? How did that work out?
ME- Well, he never called
JRG- Well come on give him back your number
Me- I proceed to type in my number on his phone
At this point the kid is red and a mysterious women is standing next to him. NJ Lauren is having a full convo with this women about who knows and I hear..
Women- 'Yes, isn't my son a great piano player? I just came down here to see him and make sure his apartment was all set up.
Me- Jaw dropping because I just realized I am awkwardly hitting on some kid in front of his mother. The poor kid didn't say a word the whole time. Hell, he didn't even say his name the JRG said it for him.

Ah yes. Score one for Sarah. I wanted to text him the next morning apologizing but that would have just been more awkward. The next day I wouldn't wait to tell roommate Lauren what happened and she couldn't stop laughing considering she was the only witness to me giving the kid my number.

Thank goodness for Lauren. We are similar in many ways but different in so many others I like to think we balance each other out nicely.  Just looking at our room my side is a disaster; I sleep on a bed that normally has clothes all over it, random stuff I put there throughout the day, and blankets falling off. She is away this weekend to graduate from Texas A&M (congrats!!!) and I miss not having someone to come home to. Which leads to me to......


When People Stop Being Polite and Start Getting Real. 
--The Real World, Lake Buena Vista. 

Earlier this week one of the roommates moved out because of her direct roommate. It was a shame because she was so sweet and we all got along. Today a new girl moved in who actually works at Boardwalk ESPN Club. She seems very nice and outgoing so that should be a good addition. It's sad we lost one, but she is just a few buildings away. As a former RA I feel like I should have seen the signs, but having a rommmate ignore me was fine because I didn't have to awkwadly sleep next to someone who didn't acknowledge my precense. When Lauren comes home we will have an apartment meeting. Mediation skills at it's finest....

I had wayyy too much fun this week but as I explained I binge party. I will have a week of fun and then nothing for a few weeks. Since everyone is getting ready to go back to school we are all celebrating their departures. I won't go into too much detail but basically let's just say I have been drunk 3 times in my life. One of them was my twenty first at home and the other two have been at Disney. As I was being dropped off at the front entrance of my complex with my  shoes in my hands while wearing someone else's shirt ( I jumped in the pool, shirt got wet, you know the deal) I just stopped and waved at all the new College Programers eagerly waiting to move in for their first day at 7am and told them they would have a great time here. They will have a great time here as long as they work hard but party responsibly harder. That day I had work at 12:30 and was a champ.

I can't help but think how my time would have been at Mason if I had made other decisions. I was at school for 4 years. Four long years but they couldn't even touch the time I've had here.  4 years at Mason, 2 months at Disney. I had a blast at school, but I worked a ton in housing and then did my school work later. And o yes, there were those boyfriends I had the whole time except for my last semester and a third of college that were somewhat of a buzz kill.  If I could do it again, I would take more chances, have more fun, and loosen up. I wouldn't go out to the frat parties or go nuts drinking, but I would go out more with people and expand my circle of friends. I would try new things because once those four years are done they are done. I know I can't stay down here past January as a CP because I can't live a fantasy life forever, but I am so glad I am having this moment now.

Enough of that Lifetime Movie junk...

Today was my first day off in ten days so I just relaxed at the pool and went to the mall. Since it's Thursday, we all met up at the Ale house as a recreation department for some late night fun. In college they call it Thirsty Thursday but here at Disney it's just plain old payday. Why not waste your whole pay check at a place that sells  pitchers of beer your drink out of?  Fun time shared by all tonight and I was glad we could all get together without wearing our white or yellow shirts.

In just 3 long weeks I'll be home for 3 short days. It will be a tease but I'm looking forward to it so much.

Here are some random photos taken from my phone. Now that I can sync it with bluetooth to my computer, uploading is so much easier.
Kimberly and I on her last day at Beaches and Creme :(

this scary drawing was supposed to be of Rapunzel. Clearly I am not the artist in the family. 

They had Jerseylicius crocs. Couldn't resist not trying them on.
Happy 26th Wedding Anniversary to the bestest parents around!

   

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear, I am sitting in the sauna known as the JK/RT Lounge (AC is out at the moment and apparently it's Phys. Plant's fault. AARGH!)laughing my head off and wondering two things:

    How could you have possibly regressed to the state of Slightly-more-responsible-than-Freshman Drunk in two months?

    And what the hell the IR would look like.

    ReplyDelete