Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sit Down, Sit Down, Sit Down Sit Down, Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat

No, this isn't the revival of Guys and Dolls 2011, it's what I say about a million times while doing the pirate cruise when I have ten kids standing up and leaning over the edge of the boat. I got to do the pirate cruise twice this week and be the Captain which was a lot of fun. I had one kid ask me if he could get off the boat to push us out of the grass when I "crashed" about a thousand times and I told him he couldn't and if he asked one more time he would have to walk the plank. Least I stayed in character and played the part as I was slowly loosing my patience. Disney should be proud.

I am sad to report the news of a loss of mine. My name tag :( How I lost it from the apartment to my car is beyond me but its gone now so I have to order a new one. For now, my name is Lariza and I am from Carolina, Puerto Rico. It's a fun name and everyone compliments me on it. Since I work at YB most often, I see the same kids everyday. I had some little girls ask me if I was friends with Sarah since I look alot like her.  I said she was my sister and she was over at Boardwalk for the next few days and we switch back and forth.  I then asked who they liked more and they said Lariza because, 'Sarah wasn't great at water volleyball." They were right, I'm not good at it, but Lariza wasn't much better.
The only other problem with wearing my Lariza name tag is people coming up to me talking to me as if I speak Spanish which is unfortunate because I don't and I just look dumb when I can't respond. This is the part where my mom says I should have stuck with Spanish and the part I would not admit she was right as per usual.

On Tuesday I had the day off so I went with a friend to the beach and a Tampa Bay Rays game. It was a ton of fun and the weather was gorgeous. I was happy to not have to pay to get on the beach either, which is something Floridians were shocked to hear that we do. As we were sitting in the water front bar enjoying a drink we saw on the TV the earthquake that  hit the east coast and all the damage it had caused. Glad everyone home was ok, I was thinking of you as I was sipping my Mai Thai. Speaking of weather, I'm just glad  Irene has decided to come this weekend and not next because I am looking forward to my weekend home to share in the nuptials of Adrienne and Aaron and be home for a few days and I wasn't letting some biotch ruin it for me or them.
The Rays game was fun especially since the tickets are dirt cheap and you can move down rows once the game is a few innings in. We sat in the upper deck right above the home dug out with a bus load of senior citizens out for a nice night of America's past time. Old people are funny and listening in our their conversations are just amusing. The word Bengay came up once or twice and they discussed the price of a hotdog for about 5 mins. $7 foot long hot dog, $7 large beer, $12 upper deck tickets. Watching the Rays loose in the bottom of the ninth bases loaded two outs surrounded by the AARP monthly meeting? Priceless.



When I'm this age I hope I'm as passionate in anything
as much as this guy was raising up his original signs
for every player that came up to bat. 























Glorious

Summer is officially over and last night we had our goodbye party to those of of leaving for the school year. I feel that every weekend we have had at least one big event to see people off but last night as we all left the house at 5 am we knew this was the end of the summer as a whole. Out of the 22 summers I have had, this is by far the best one yet and it's the people I met in this journey that have made it all the while. The only thing more upsetting then leaving everyone at the end of the night was walking out to my car with the windows half open because it was such a nice night only to find the automatic sprinklers went off and my car inside was wet. I can never win.




This blog is dedicated to all of my amazing friends I have met here. Chris- Semper Fidelis. Be safe out there, Kid. Austin- David and I are coming to visit you in Tallanasty. Get pumped. Marine- have a safe flight back to France. Jehan- Don't go too crazy in Daytona. To everyone else, good luck and you know where to find the rest of us when you're home on Thanksgiving break.


A happy belated Birthday to Cool Daddy T!


Patti always blowing out the candles. 






1 comment:

  1. How did you get "Lariza" Really? I'm laughing my head off right now.

    ReplyDelete