Saturday, July 9, 2011

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

~Walt Disney

I know some people have been having trouble commenting on the posts. What you need to do is click "comments" and scroll down. You can then add yours. Not sure why this changed but we roll with the punches.

Anywho, I had three days off in a row which is a rareity here. At first I was bummed but after wasting my first day on the couch recovering from 4th of July, I was happy to have 2 more days to be productive with. I had to take the bus to get my car back from Boardwalk so I figured I would run the path that goes from Hollywood Studios to Epcot. It's not far of a run but even at 730 pm the humidity is insanely high. Wednesday Lauren and I went to Hollywood Studios with another friend which was fun being a tourist again for a half day. If you ever go, you must watch the American Idol auditions, they were fun! Make sure you don't eat before you go on Star Tours, terrible idea. Motion sickness will occur. Since I had bad luck leaving things on rides this week I only walked in with my phone, ID, and a $20. The ID and money I stuck down my shirt as always but the phone I had in my pocket. On Rockin' Roller Coaster as soon as you sit down they make sure you are belted without even giving you time to put your stuff in the pouch. I had my phone in my hand but couldn't reach the pouch so I gave the phone to Lauren who also couldn't reach and accidentally dropped it. No attractions attendant came over or heard us (scary thought) so I had to step on my phone during the whole ride. The ride is amazing and I ended up accidentally calling Mom so she got to hear screams from a ride she will never experience due to fears. I clearly have issues with electronics and rides. We went to the animation studios and we learned how to draw Rapunzel. I'm a fantastic artist as seen in my coloring books however this drawing looked more like the Bride of Rapunzel. It's hanging on the fridge proud though. We also saw the Beauty and the Beast show which was fun and the end scene with everyone dancing and Belle is in her yellow dress looked like a preview of the festivities happening on June 30, 2012.

The third day of my day off was supposed to be one of running errands. However, it turned out I would be driving around in the pouring rain, getting yelled at the gas station for pumping gas in a storm, and waiting 3 hours in the apple store to be helped for my crapbook. On my way to the mall on I-4, I saw kept seeing signs for the "Holy Land Experience" a park or something that is religious based and very graphic from the pictures. Turns out, the mall and the Holy Land Experience are off the same exit, just different direction. Any coincidence there? Not for this chick.

I had to go back to work on Friday which was fine, I was ready. After I got out at 9 I met Claudia and Lauren at Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney. The place was packed. I mean the waiting list was 90 mins which is crazy. You're on vacation and you're going to go to Planet Hollywood?! I've never been in my life so this was a crazy idea to me but since we get to skip the line on Friday's if we show our ID I really didn't care. THe food was pretty good and I asked the waitress how many people the restaurant seats in total. She said there are three floors and they all seat 220-250. They can flip tables several times a night, and in the summer the waiting list can be anywhere from 30 mins to 2.5 hours?! People, come on. You want mediocre American food hit up Applebees. Never a line, trust me.

Today I had a rough day at work. I found out I was being moved down to 32 hours a week (all college program kids are in my area) I had a rough time in my CPR in service because I find our rescue procedures to be useless (we aren't allowed to do anything, we must wait for a lifeguard even though we are trained) and I hate working inside. Only perk was I watched The Lizzie McQuire movie and Muppets Treasure island and made beaded bracelets. I'm going to take the information in stride though and I'm going to see if I can do ride alongs with the Reedy Creek Improvement District (fire and rescue) and look into options for when I leave here in January. For further details of my bad day, please refer to my next blog. It's a winner.

Finally some pictures.



KC and me doing the "Disney Point"
At the Chocolate Factory!
Biggest alligator on the planet.JK
Lucy was on hand to help with the chocolate
An Elvis Zoltar!


1 comment:

  1. Wait, so you didn't go on Tower of Terror? How could you go on Rockin' Roller Coaster and not go on Tower of Terror. I mean, seriously?

    Disney obscure trivia time- Star Tours uses the same ride system as, the now closed, Body Wars over in Epcot. If you felt motion sickness riding Star Tours, imagine the same ride in a 98.6 degree cabin that is much more robust and joltier.

    Never been to the Holy Land Experience, my parents want to go though, it's supposed to be interesting.

    As for January (jumping up and down waving my arms), pick us! Pick us! I met Lauren's new boss, he seems nice.

    ReplyDelete