Saturday, July 23, 2011

Livin The Dream


Be thankful I am writing this blog and not physically talking to you because that would be impossible to hear me since I have no voice and as a guest told me, "you sound like a 13 year old boy hitting puberty." Thank you, sir. Having virtually no voice and having to strain to talk when your job requires you to be on a microphone for 5 hours is very tough and tiring but I prevailed. Many are probably happy I don't have a voice and thus can't talk. I don't blame them.

I have had two days off this week that virtually looked identical to each other: spend hours at the pool, come in to eat, and go out either food shopping or in todays case bathing suit shopping. You would think being in Florida that would be an easy task but you are wayyy off. If you're buying one in July, you are 3 months too late. I picked one out that will make my awful tan lines blend in because of this hideous picture taken tonight at dinner with my good friend from the Squad, Billy.
He swears the tan lines aren't that bad in person

Billy is in town for a few days and we met at the Grand Floridian for dinner at Citricos. It was a beautiful restaurant with amazing food. Perhaps even the best restaurant food I've ever had. It was nice to actually dress up for once and not be in a yellow shirt with no make up on and eat food that doesn't contain powdered cheese or tuna sandwiches. Speaking of tuna, there is nothing more stressful then picking out the right kind. I'm not kidding, attempting to find chunk white down here is just as hard as finding a bathing suit in July. They must be in the same aisle.....

So earlier I had the o so hilarious story of me calling mom during the Rock'n' Roller Coaster ride. Here is the photographic evidence of that ride:
Tim, some chick, Lauren, and I

At work the other day I had one of those days. You know, a day where no matter how hard you try something ends up happening that causes you pain and others laughter? I had to start the pool party by myself again with no voice which was extremly awkward and I got alot of stares especially when my voice cracked causing the guest to make that comment. The pool was just not into particiapting in any games I had so after we did an ok round of name that singer- not tune- more on that later- I had a spontaneous dance party of every dance song we had in our IPod. After the YMCA I had the kids jump in the pool at the end. They successfully did it. I did not and ended up slipping falling backwards glasses flying off my head and I miraculously landed in the pool and not thecement.Luckily only half of the pool saw and the lifeguard walking around jumped in to make sure I was ok. No big scene here folks, just a cast member who underestimated the pool ledge. A highlight of my day was playing a request from a wife who wanted Hound Dog to play so her drunk husband could go up and dance. And dance Larry from Arizona did. His hips don't lie. After a day in the pool, my partner and I had to set up the movie and campfire. Seeing the skies getting dark as they do at one point in the day down here, I set up the screen slowly secretly hoping it would be canceled which it ended up being even though there was no storm, no rain, and it was a beautiful night. While I was wrapping up one of those thick long extension cords, I got it stuck somehow on my arm. It was wrapped so tight it took a coordinator (equivalent to a resident director) to get it off my arm. I was a pathetic site and was just relieved to know I had the next day off. That brought back memories of LM and I putting up the screen together for the first time and our personal struggles.

**I make the comment about name that singer/tune because whoever makes the schedule of events needs get more creative. Name that singer is at 2pm on Thursdays while at 2pm on Fridays is name that tune. Please tell me the difference. I mean the real difference considering we use the same playlist. We also play water basketball and on target (use a hula hoop and ball in the water) on the same day. Talk about variety.

In other news, I am now officially a graduate of George Mason University as my diploma came in the mail earlier this week. To celebrate this achievement, here is a picture, the ONLY family picture mind you, of my graduation from earlier this summer. I see Christmas card 2011 written all over this...

That Happened.


Our traditional shot




A very happy birthday to Mr. Higgins! Hope you had a magical day!

Would you like a shout out on this barely read blog? Just let me know! I'll make something up.

3 comments:

  1. You can't find a swimsuit in Florida, in July. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry I have been lacking on the blog comments, but Mr. Higgins did have a magical birthday. I have also decided to keep a tally of how many times he is mentioned in your blog. Also, I would like another shout out!!! We need to catch up soon, I have stuff to fill you in on since I don't post a blog that you can check about my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just re-read this and literally did an "lol" when I read a lifeguard jumped in to get you in the water.... it reminded me of my lifeguard incident that summer we went to the lake and I started swimming away from the lifeguard who came in to get me because I had a cut on my leg.

    ReplyDelete