Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Untitled #1

Ah sorry I haven't been blogging lately, I had a fun week of work, work, work everyday, went out a few nights, and then got sickly. but now I'm okay and ready to blog! First off, the new word I hate to add to the list that includes baguette is "soiled." Horrible word.

Anyway, work has been busy but fun. Kids say the darnest things and here they are no different.My favorite was when this little girl was on my back in the pool playing with my hair saying I had hair like Rapunzel and the little boy at the camp fire who said this was the best night of his life. This other girl was obsessed with the Titanic and asked me all the details of American History from 1890- present and how old the non survivors of the Titantic would have been today. What a morbid child. Kids are really cute though when they aren't crying, whining, or complaining. I learned new versions of the Cupid Shuffle which is great since we do the dance EVERY DAY so if you want to learn how to get down, dance class will be January 7, 2012. I watched a bunch of movies on the beach, one of them being Pete's Dragon that caused me to be nastalgic of the days when Dad would put that record on and Patti and I would dance around the family room. Music, cute. Movie, way too long. Only problem with work is I don't like the one person. Only one, which is shocking to me but she is not nice and just seems angry. Here is a picture of her

Anyone know who this really is?

Back in the apartment, I accidentally exploded ketchup in the microwave. It looked like a scene from CSI. Our apartment got insepcted and for once I had to make sure the place was spotless for inspections. They were intense though; we didn't get the 'white glove" award because our mirror had a smudge on it. your beds have to be made, no dishes in the sink, and closets organized. I imagine if those were the minimum standards at Mason HSI would go much faster.

Going out was alot of fun as read in my previous post. Thursday night we went to an 80s night themed club in CityWalk in Universal. It was also the midnight premiere of Harry Potter so the place was crazy busy. Here is a picture of me making a face at this drunk guy who decided to talk to us. I feel that it sums me up in so many ways.

There are only two downfalls of being here. 1) I always smell of sweat, chlorine, and camp fire. Bottle that up, Disney! I wear mens deodorant because it's stronger and doesn't smell like daisies and I no joke had a male guest walk by me and say "you smell familiar." Awkward much? 2) I never know what day of the week it is. Ever. I really don't need to know considering I work just about everyday it all runs into each other. Only thing I need to know is what resort I should clock in at. No wonder older retirees come here, being in oblivion is common practice here.

It's so weird that at the fresh young age of 22 many people my age here are already married. I don't get it. In activities, we are mostly females with only 2 males. Lifeguards though are mostly boys with a few females. The lifeguards keep asking if i'm with someone since I wear my HS class ring on my left hand. I always vowed to take it off once I graduated college but now that I have a huge tan line from it, I don't want to. Most of the guys I work with are 19 which is tragic. Ironically, after many years of being told I look like the older sister, I have been told more often then not that I look 19. This could be because I wear my hair in a ponytail with no make up at work but still. 19?! At least make me 21.

I now know three Laurens; Lauren my roommate, Lauren the new Jersey girl from work, and "my" Lauren from Mason. I just got off the phone with her (and John who transferred me to her very professionally) and I miss my OHRL crew. Dare I say that I miss the Park? The place that I called my home for four long years, 77 personal residents, 2 RDs, 2 ACs, 3 separate small staffs, 4 different HRA roles, and one very messy resource room? In honor of them, I present the only pictures I have of both of them from the same night.


Coming to a blog near you: Disney Trivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment