Sunday, July 24, 2011

With F-I-G-M-E-N-T, you see more Clearly

It only works if you sing that line, as they do in the Journey into Imagination with Figment ride in Epcot.

I finally have my voice back which is great because working was becoming a nuisance without it. Yesterday I had to work 12:30-9 with our first pool side activity beingBingo and let me tell you, not having a voice and having to call out numbers is a horrible way to start the day but the guests thought it was funny. During my amazing (no sarcasm) Bingo game, we had a guest in the pool have an asthma attack. I cleared the pool area and turned the music off which is protocol and waited for the OK to start things up again. Once we saw he was fine but before I got the OK, I had guests hounding me to start the game up again. Really people? Chill. It's poolside bingo where the winner gets a board game and we have a guy who can't breathe. It was a scorching hot day, something my NJ and VA/DC readers haven't experienced yet this summer so people were very on edge. I should have seen that as a foreshadowing for how the rest of the day would go....

During the pool party, we were playing a game where the kids had to use a ball to target shoot through a hula hoop. Not exciting, but we used harder balls and i got wacked in the face, chest, and arm. Realizing this was a terrible game we moved onto squish balls and I had a kidhold the hoop. Well the kid kept getting hit by the ball and his mother grabbed my arm and started yelling that if the kids don't stop hitting her kid with the ball she was going to take the other kids out of the pool. Fine. Later in the party, we played a game where the kids have to swim to find animals in the pool. Well of course that same boy got kicked and started crying so the mom freaked out on me again saying our games aren't safe. People need to realize that we are not babysitters we are just facilitators of fun (!) and we are not responsible to watch your child. Of course we will make sure everyone is safe but please don't drop your kid off with me and leave to have lunch. That will not get you mom of the year. I thought she would be our only complainer of the day but I was wrong. I had another mom come up to me complaining that we weren't allowed to wear crocs like the lifeguards and that it's not fair to us and one of the lifeguards made her "anxious with all her pacing." She said she was going to make a formal complaint and walked away. It's vacation, lighten up and relax.

Relax I did today as I spent the whole day in Epcot with Billy. We had a blast catching up, walking around future world a few times and the World showcase 3 times. Billy took me to places I've never been before...Epcot style.We first went to Living with the Land which is a cool sit and see where you see what vegetation is grown at Epcot.We then went to Captain EO that stars the late Michael Jackson, was produced by George Lucas, and directed by Francis Ford Coppola. What a great starting lineup. This must be the cinematic performance of the millennium considering it was shown from 1986-1997 and now back for an encore run. Before we walked in I asked Billy what the purpose of the movie was andhe said just wait. Man. MJ made pretty poor life choices but this has to be his number 1. The movie is bizarre, it's in 3-d and again there is no point. However, I recommend seeing it because it won't bethere for long and it's 12 minutes of hilarity (especially the behind the scenes clips with thegrizzly 80s beards and spandex).
What a good lookin' girl

Ride wise we went on Journey with Figment where I guess we learned how to spark our imagination, The Sea with Nemo, Norwegian Viking ride, and the Three Amigos Ride. Country wise, we walked into every country, ate in Amurica, drank in Germany, and got our picture taken in China with Mulan. We (ok me) wanted to take our picture with our drinks but they wouldn't let us :(



Tip, if you want to see the Princesses, go to Epcot during the day. Most of them are there are there are minimal lines since well, it's Epcot.



Precious
Crazyyy
<3


1 comment:

  1. Newark, NJ on Thursday: 108 degrees! We have experienced scorching heat up here too you know! As for the parents complaining, really people! There's expecting perfection and then there's expecting a realistic version of perfection.

    I completely agree with you on Captain EO. My first thought when I heard they were bringing it back was 'they're getting rid of Honey I Shrunk the Audience for that?'
    Go Epcot!

    ReplyDelete