Friday, July 29, 2011

Kodak Moments

Most of my job here is actually taking photos for families so it looks like mom was actually on vacation in the pictures. I enjoy that and I offer to take pictures even when not at work. This had me ask my Uncle Dave to send me a classic family photo of our trip to Disney in 1999. If you have sensitive eyes, I would look away now.


One of the bad things about taking vacations during awkward stages of life and development is the photographic proof of how hideous you actually were.

On Tuesday I got to hang out with Billy one more day before he left and we hung out at Hollywood Studios with his family and went to Portobellos in Downtown Disney for dinner. His mom was hilarious and was so kind in taking me out to dinner. Favorite line, "$255 dollars for a 2 oz pour of cognac?! It better be from Thomas Jefferson's liquor cabinet at that price." I am so glad I decided to work for a place that people visit because having visitors is a very big plus in being here.

Today I was supposed to have a day off and go to the beach but I ended up taking a shift. Having extra money is always nice, especially when my hours are way lower then I expected. It was an easy shift with easy money. I didn't have any parents complain, it only rained for five minutes, and Lauren walked over from Epcot to see me on the job. It's neat we have the same job but at two different regions because we can compare how we do different things. Yacht and Beach is always the test site for new ideas so if it goes well there, it is then brought out to every region.

Because I am no stranger to embarrassing moments, I got hit in the face with the microphone the other day. So bad, the lines in the microphone head were left in my chin. The microphone was also on so everyone in the pool just heard a loud thud and couldn't help but laugh. I would too if I witnessed it.

Now I"m just back to working most days so my blogs will get very boring. I apologize. My life is not that exciting and I have found that I am def. not someone who can sit in an office all day long or do the same thing day in and day out. However, tonight I got to go out with the lifeguards after work and it was really funny hanging out with coworkers. I feel like a big person now that hanging out with coworkers actually means going out and isn't just getting food at Ikes at midnight and having gab session about drama and work. I can actually separate work, home,  school, and relationships here which is a nice change of pace. 

At work there is this creepy lifeguard who cannot take a hint. This is a reenactment of how our interactions go.





Speaking of lifeguards, Alicia reminded me of the hilarious story at Culver lake when she got a tiny cut on her leg on the dock and didn't want to go in the water because she thought it was salt water and it would hurt. The lifeguard jumped in to get her and help her get to the beach area but she ended up jumping in and swimming with her noodle away from the lifeguard. We even told her it was one from Baywatch and she still swam away! She also has this joke about Marry Poppins. I think goes like this:

When you are bored, you can just "pop-in" a movie!

Pause for reaction.

This picture will never get old. At least we confirmed this picture was actually taken at Halloween and she wasn't just wearing the costume for no reason. 


Happy Weekend! 


1 comment:

  1. ummm the CORRECT joke is... "what do you do when you want to watch Mary Poppins?.... you POP-IN the movie!" and don't lie, you know it is a fantastic joke!

    and in regards to the life guard story, I must have known in that moment that I was going to become a lifeguard and realized that I could save myself. so really it was a self-defining moment in my life that should not be mocked!

    ReplyDelete